Deconstruct an Appliance

Unlock the hidden mysteries
Have you done this dangerous thing? Share your story and everyone will see it on this page. Click "I Did It!"
I Did It

Progress Reports

Jakub Mareda 02/03/2014

My dad would always let me disasemble old stuff, espetially PC components. At the age of 12, I was proud owner of many HDD disks (mean the disk from the inside of the box) - so smooth and beautiful. W

Lisa 11/29/2013

I host a group of students in my classroom for what has become the latest buzzword activity:XSTEM. Buzzwords are meaningless to the kids walking through my door. After a few meetings with activitie

Roy 02/21/2013

I first started dissembling things when I was 3 it's not damgereous

Richard Hauser 08/06/2012

Well, I've done a lot of appliances, but the memory that sticks with me to this day is my dad getting a couple of broken watches at a flea market which he allow me to disassemble. I had planed on rea

Elton 08/05/2012

The capacitors in things like tv's and microwaves can be quite dangerous even unplugged. I have only ever revived burns but it could kill you if your really unlucky. look for the lighting bolts!

lucas10122 05/08/2012

it isnt dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shhadeh 03/07/2012

when I was a little kid I find it a lot more fun to disassemble all of my toys than to actually play in them, finding out how everything work was really interesting and I used to play with the motors

Tom 12/30/2011

Some years ago I let my godson destroy an old 14" tv screen with rocks (we enjoy at godfather's!). We put it in the garden, plugged it by an extension and powered on. After many minutes of bounces on

Katie 11/16/2011

About 10 years ago, my VCR got a tape stuck in it, and I thought I could fix it myself. I unscrewed all the screws, lifted the top off, and pulled out the tape, snapping a previously-unseen plastic pi

nordjoern 10/12/2011

at age of ~8, I disassembled a 220V-power distribution device while plugged in. Touched the interior and got an electric shock. Had to sit down fpr 5 minutes. Survived! Yeah!!!

Steve 07/03/2011

When I was a kid we had a huge, non-functioning t.v. in the basement and I was allowed to take it apart and (try to) put it back together whenever I wanted. Loads of fun!

Comments are closed.